This mandatory training affects all companies in the iron and steel industry throughout Spain
This type of refresher training must be face-to-face for the trades and online training is permitted for managers and office staff
This mandatory training affects all companies in the iron and steel industry sector throughout Spain.
This “new” training for Metal workers NOT working on construction sites is classified as follows:
– Managers: 6-hour training in online or face-to-face mode.
– Office personnel: 6-hour training in online or classroom mode.
– Trades (production and maintenance workers): 20 hours training in classroom mode (12 hours of the core part and 8 specific hours per trade).
– Basic level: 50 hours of training (20 classroom hours and 30 on-line).
– Recycling training: minimum duration of 4 hours to be received after three years of the previous training.
This type of refresher training must be face-to-face for the trades and online training is permitted for managers and office staff.
In order to establish a correspondence between the two training systems, that received by workers in this sector who work on construction sites and that of those who do not, there are tables of validation of one training and the other published in ANNEX III of the IV State Collective Agreement for Industry, Technology and Services in the Metal Sector.
It is important that you contact your external prevention service to check that all the workers in your companies have taken this training, and if some of them have not, that they proceed to train them as soon as possible.
For further information, please consult with Labor advisory services.